Share

Monday, August 16, 2010

Here's An Article I Wanted To Pass On....

After reading this story I knew I had to pass it along.  Even though Gospel and Blues aren't my favorite types of music, I felt that because someone was taking King's words and putting them to music I had to blog about it.  If you remember in Bag Of Bones, the singer Sarah was singing a song throughout the story.  Nicole Christian, a Toronto Blues singer and huge King fan, took what King began and wrote a song based on the lyrics he provided in the book.  She named the song Barn Dance which can be heard at the end of the article (link provided below).  I loved hearing his words set to music.  Her story came full circle, except I have to wonder if King will influence her life or work any more than he already has?  What did you think about this story?  Please let me know what you thought of it. 

Article:  King Takes a Shining To Toronto Blues Singer on thestar.com

Samples of Nicole Christian's work on YouTube Channel

Nicole Christian's myspace page

Nicole Christian's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments. We love your feedback. :)

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts