Share

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Question of the Day #7: When reading SK's books, what intrigues you the most about his writing?

Mostly I am in awe of his character development.  When he writes about someone, I feel like I had just personally met them.  To me, that is a very difficult thing to do as a writer, making the reader feel "close" to a fictional character.  Whether it be anger, endearment, distaste, pity, fear, joy, sadness, he manages to make me feel all of these feelings (and many more) when he writes.  There is just so much depth to each character he creates.  The other thing about his writing that intrigues me is just how much he has written and continues to write.  Articles, short stories, novellas, screenplays, novels, you name it he writes it.     




*Post your thoughts or opinions in comments.

1 comment:

  1. For me, I would have to say they way he drives the story and plot. You can never really tell what is going to happen around the next corner of the story. Just when you thought you had the outcome of some conflict figured out, he throws you a left-handed curve ball. Then you are left thinking, where did that come from. Take the plot for Gerald's Game for example. I won't expose the plot here, but for those that have read the story, you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments. We love your feedback. :)

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts